OWWA Health Benefits
This health benefit is part of providing assurance for every owwa member who is still working outside the country. OWWA member is covered with life insurance for the duration of his employment contract. The coverage includes P100,000.00 for natural death and P200,000.00 for accidental death.
Disability and Dismemberment Benefit
A member shall be entitled to disability/dismemberment benefits ranging from P2,000.00 to P50,000.00.
Total Disability Benefit
In case of total permanent disability, a member shall be entitled to P100,000.00
D. Burial Benefit
A burial benefit of P20,000.00 shall be provided in case of the member’s death.
What are the requirements for claiming insurance and burial benefits?
Basic Requirements for Life Insurance, Disability, Dismemberment and Burial Benefits:
1. Passport (for Land-based OFW), and Seaman’s Service Record Book (for Sea-based OFW)
2. Certificate of Membership issued by the OWWA Membership Processing Center (MPC)
3. OFW/Seaman’s undertaking executed by claimant (for Death claim)
Documentary Requirements for Life Insurance Benefits:
1. Original Death Certificate issued by Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Authenticated by National Statistic Office (NSO) or Foreign Death Certificate for OFW who died abroad and accident report for death due to accident
2. Burial Permit
3. Official receipt of funeral expenses
4. ID picture of claimant (2 pieces
5. Any of the following applicable documents certified by LCR or NSO:
-Marriage certificate – if claimant is the spouse
-Birth certificate of OFW – if claimant is the mother or Father
-Birth certificate of child and death certificate of deceased spouse, if claimant is the child
-Certificate of no marriage
In the absence of birth/marriage certificate, the following must be submitted:
1. Certificate from LCR that fact of marriage/birth is not recorded in the civil registry
2. Baptismal/marriage certificate certified by the Parish priest /office
3. Affidavit of two (2) disinterested persons re: facts of birth/marriage and claimant’s relationship to the deceased
Documentary Requirements for Disability Benefit
1. Foreign medical certificate
2. Medical certificate issued by the local attending Physician with medical examination procedure, e.g., X-ray, MRI, CT Scan
3. Accident report
Any 2 (original and valid copy) of the following:
2. Office ID
3. Postal ID
4. Driver’s license
5. Original NBI clearance
6. Senior Citizenship ID
This is to inform our fellow Kababayans and their family members about this kind of loan. It is only for a member who is covered with life insurance for the duration of his employment contract. If you want to clarify this or have more questions, we suggest to get in touch OWWA Official Hotline. OWWA officers are willing to assist you.